As you may be aware that, Microsoft SharePoint Team blog, have announced the availability of GroupBoard Workspace 2007 – application template for Windows SharePoint Services 3.0. It can be downloaded from their Office Online Japan (Direct Link to download, end of the post)
If you head over to Microsoft Application Templates page for Windows SharePoint Services 3.0, none of the 40 Templates have been released yet. Infact GroupBoard Workspace 2007 does not even show up on the list.
These templates are going to be made available in early 2007. However, I have been exploring the following 20 templates, since last couple of days.
Multi-Language Server Admin Templates
- Absence Request and Vacation Schedule Management
- Budgeting and Tracking Multiple Projects
- Bug Database
- Call Center
- Change Request Management
- Compliance Process Support Site
- Contacts Management
- Document Library and Review
- Event Planning
- Expense Reimbursement and Approval Site
- Help Desk
- Inventory Tracking
- IT Team Workspace
- Job Requisition and Interview Management
- Knowledge Base
- Lending Library
- Physical Asset Tracking and Management
- Project Tracking Workspace
- Room and Equipment Reservations
- Sales Lead Pipeline
This is the screenshot of Call Center Template
You can too! Get yourself an account at WebCentral’s Trial SharePoint site and get started! It is a three month trial of SharePoint 2007! It is free! So go ahead and grab yourself a site. Here you will be able to ‘play’ with the 20 templates that I have listed above!
This offer ends 1 March, 2007.
Since you can save these templates as stp files, I am going to save the template and try it on my server at home tonight. Will keep you posted.