Does not work. If you have signed up for Skydrive, one of the coolest feature is drag and drop.
To use drag and drop, follow these steps:
- Sign in to Windows Live SkyDrive Beta with your Windows Live ID (The user name and password that you use to sign in to any Windows Live, MSN, or Office Live sites and services. If you have a Passport Network, Hotmail, or Messenger account, you can use it as your Windows Live ID.) .
- Navigate to the folder that you want to add files to.
- Click Add files.
- Near the bottom of the page, click Install this upload tool.
- If you see a yellow bar at the top of your browser, click it, click Install ActiveX Control, and then click Install.
- On your computer, navigate to the location of the file that you want to add.
- Select your file, and then drag it to the Drag files here to upload them box.
- Click Upload.
- To install the ActiveX control, your operating system must have Microsoft Windows 2000, Windows XP Service Pack 2, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2003, or Microsoft Windows 2000 Service Pack 3.
- To install the ActiveX control, your browser must be Microsoft Internet Explorer 6, or later.
- You can upload multiple files at once.
This morning, I launched firefox to upload files and at the same time test this drag and drop feature. It just does not give you an option to drag and drop.
Drag and drop does not work with firefox.
You will have to use internet explorer to drag and drop your files onto your SkyDrive.
Images embedded from SkyDrive