This is going to be a challening task and I am going to test this over the weekend. I wrote about moving WSSV2 MSDE database to WSSV3 SQL Embedded Edition earlier and step # 1 was to use the pre-scan tool.
Quick re-cap of that step:
Use the Prescan.exe tool to scan the WMSDE content database on the WSS server. Note You must run the Prescan.exe tool on the WSS database to prepare the database to be added to the WSS 3.0 Web application.
To use the Prescan.exe tool to scan the WSS database, follow these steps:
- Use an account that has administrative permissions to log on to the WSS server.
- Copy the Prescan.exe tool on the WSS 3.0 server to a folder on the WSS server.
Note The Prescan.exe tool is located on the WSS 3.0 server in the following folder: Program FilesCommon FilesMicrosoft Sharedweb server extensions12BIN
- Click Start, click Run, type cmd, and then click OK.
- Locate the folder to which you copied the Prescan.exe tool.
- At the command prompt, type the following command to scan the database: prescan /all
Doing a prescan before migration is imperative. You have to do it 🙂
The pre-upgrade scan tool scans your sites and reports issues, which enables you to fix any errors before you perform an upgrade. If you have not successfully run this tool and you attempt to upgrade your environment, when you attempt to run the SharePoint Products and Technologies Configuration wizard, the wizard will exit and prompt you to run the tool.
How do I get the pre-scan tool?
Download the tool and accompanying documents from here.