Free Open-Source Disk Encryption Software – Windows XP/2000/2003 & Linux
- Creates a virtual encrypted disk within a file and mounts
it as a real disk.
- Encrypts an entire hard disk partition or a device, such
as USB flash drive.
- Encryption is automatic, real-time (on-the-fly) and transparent.
- Provides two levels of plausible deniability, in case an adversary
forces you to reveal the password:
2) No TrueCrypt volume can be identified (volumes cannot be
distinguished from random data).
- Encryption algorithms: AES-256, Blowfish (448-bit key), CAST5, Serpent, Triple DES, and Twofish.
Mode of operation: LRW (CBC supported as legacy).
- Conceived in 2003.
Further information regarding features of the software may be found in the documentation.
Downloads from here